Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Math AHHHHHHHKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK



I will be completly honest: I HATE MATH!! Ok there is a reason that I am saying this, I am taking my last two classes. One is classroom management and psych and the other is MATH methods. I have always had trouble in math as a child, I took 300 level classes in everything except math. There is a reason for this, in middle school as well as high school I don't feel that I was properly taught. I was really good at math until we started with algebra, throwing in the letters messed me up completely. I seemed to make it through there fine. Now comes high school, where they tried to teach me how to "factor" an equation. I got from my teachers, oh do extra problems in the book you'll figure it out.
Well I am 29 years old and guess what people I CAN'T DO IT!!! I asked my teachers every year until senior year to help me and it didn't work I was completely frustrated. My senior year teacher was the only one to sit with me, and that was because I made a fuss and told her to do more than tell me to do the even problems.
Since I hate math from this experience I am making this promise right now: I promise as a math teacher I WILL NOT tell my student to do extra problems. I WILL sit down with them and help them any way I can. Now let's see where I'm off to this semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment